Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 6 : Media Sterotype

http://web.media.mit.edu/~ayah/MediaTheories/

Blog Assignment: TOPIC 3

Give a very short basic explanation of what media stereotype is? (Keep it short please!) From your personal experience, what other media stereotype (besides the example from the article) you have seen either on TV or in the movies?

Critical Reflection on Media Stereotype.

1)Stereotype according to Wikipedia is, A stereotype is a preconceived idea that attributes certain characteristics (in general) to all the members of class or set. Media stereotype is widely used with negative connotation when it is referring to a particular individual that has a characteristic.

2)In my personal experience, other media stereotype that I've seen on TV or movies are such as the "emo stereotype". The "emo" that i'm talking about here is the "emo" sub fashion culture in this world. Most music television channels display the emo stereotype such as, cutting their ownself. In my opinion, this is very stereotypical in my sense.

Personal Reflection On the Class

This week I had no class since it was a public holiday. On that day, I was in Sabah, and I don't think its necessary for me to explain everything inside here :P Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment